MONT SAINT MICHEL, SCANNING THE WONDERONE-OFF
- DIRECTOR : Marc Jampolsky
- PRODUCER : Gedeon Programmes / Arte France/ Centre des Monuments Nationnaux/ CNRS Images/ INRAP
- DATE : 2017
- FORMAT : 16/9, 4K
- DURATION : 1x52', 1x86'
- AWARD : below
- DOWNLOAD FLYER
The town and Abbey of the Mont Saint-Michel built on a tiny rocky tidal island overlooking the Bay has captured the imagination of millions of visitors. The settlement on the island dates back to the 8th Century. The maze like constructions overlapping one another unfold over centuries: Pagan temple, a haven for hermits, a Roman abbey, a Gothic marvel, a fortress and a cursed prison… Historians and archeologists have never ceased to study and restore the site to try and decipher the traces of its multiple functions. A spectacular 4K production!
- DRAC Awards at Archeological Film Festival in Amiens - 2018
- Audience Award at ICRONOS International Archaeological Film Festival - 2018
- Special Mention for the Best Cultural Heritage Film at the ARKHAIOS Festival in the USA - November 2018
- Great Award at the 6th edition of the Festival "Les Rencontres d'Archéologie de la Narbonnaise" - November 2018
Availaible versions: 52' in English version / 90' in French version