KURDISTAN : THE UNTOLD STORY OF MESOPOTAMIAONE-OFF
- DIRECTOR : Yann Coquart & Luis Miranda
- PRODUCER : Un film à la patte / Arte / SVT
- DATE : 2017
- FORMAT : One off, 16/9, HD
- DURATION : 1xTRAILER, 1x52'
- AWARD : Best film for its scientific contribution - 16th ICRONOS International Archaeological Film Festival 2018 in Bordeaux
- DOWNLOAD FLYER
An event film which is being shot in Iraqi Kurdistan close to the areas under ISIS control where large scale excavations are underway. These new finds shed new light on the Assyrian Empire and reveal the hidden traces of Ancient Royal cities thus highlighting the key role played by archaeologists in this race against time to try and save our common heritage in Mesopotamia.
Shot in the Northern part of Iraqi Kurdistan, close to ISIS controlled areas, this film reveals a true archeological Eldorado. The traces of hidden royal cities, extensive water management systems and 3000-year-old reliefs and architecture are brought into light, using specially shot drone footage, secret satellite imagery, high-end 3D visualization and animated sequences. These new findings saved from destruction, trigger a whole new understanding of this region, known as the Cradle of Civilization.