- DIRECTOR : Florence Tran
- PRODUCER : Gedeon Programmes / Dassault Systemes/ France 2 / France 5 / RTBF / TSR / NHK/ SVT/ Al Jazeera/ TVO/ Télé Québec
- DATE : 2008
- FORMAT : HD
- DURATION : 1x52'
- AWARD : Grand Prix, Festival Capitello d’Oro, Rome 2009
- DOWNLOAD FLYER
A revolutionary new theory takes us on a journey accross 4,500 years of mystery and fascination, revisiting how the Kheops Pyramid was conceived and errected.
4500 years ago, a civilization that knew nothing of iron tools, wheels or pulleys built the Great Pyramid of Khufu. For centuries, its construction remained an unsolved mystery. But recently, a French architect disclosed a revolutionary theory: the pyramid may have been built from the inside out. Using the most advanced scientific 3D technology, Jean Pierre Houdin tested and re-enacted the construction of Khufu's tomb. He believes that an internal spiral ramp is still there.... just waiting to be found. Combining scientific investigation, magnificent CGI and re-enactments, this film will unveil the true genius of the ancient Egyptians. How Khufu's “Horizon” – as Egyptians used to call the pharaoh's final resting place – was “rediscovered”, “opened”, analysed and measured, etc. How all the previous research, theories and mistakes enabled Jean-Pierre Houdin to design this unique re-constitution of its construction.
• Young jury Award, Festival Chartres de Bretagne 2011, (France)
• GRTgaz Prize for "Archaeology and Industrial Partnership", Amiens Archaeology Film Festival, 2010 (France)
• Special Jury Mention, Ecrans de l'aventure, Dijon 2009 (France)
• Special Jury Mention, Toulon Exploration Film Festival – 2009 (France)
• Grand Prize, Capitello d'Oro Festival 2009, Rome (Italy)
• Golden Capitello (Technical Award), Capitello d'Oro Festival 2009 Rome (Italy)